Wednesday

Music Preference

Music is an interesting topic for me. I have a hard time narrowing down the type of music I like. I do not tend to enjoy the newer music. It all sounds very similar to me, and not in a good way. It's a discomforting similarity. Mainly I listen to The Pogues, Flogging Molly, and other less known bands. They're not unheard of bands, but not ones people necessarily readily know. I guess the genre would probably something like alternative, though what that means any more I have no idea.
The song that sticks out to me as one taht reflects my taste in music is "Fairy Tales of New York" by The Pogues. I guess I like how different the song is from what I had heard before. I like the incorporation of the storyline, which is almost deconstructionist in tone, and the Irish influence. I spent three months studying in Ireland, and that sound just kind of stuck with me. As one professor told me, he can always here Irish music when it's playing. He just knew the sound. It made a home in him. I guess that's what happened to me, too. The music just sort of stuck in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home